I was pondering “what did I learn this week about finding a job?” Not sure I have a great answer, but I did stay pretty busy.
This week, I:
- Sent an email about an unpaid internship opportunity
- Met with a Scientist at Amgen
- Interviewed for a part-time job (counts as interview practice AND I might get a part time job)
- Finished my first educational writing contract
- Got two new educational writing contracts
- (Did not learn Python)
- Attended an AWIS Board meeting, got some newsletter help
- Found a location that might need some volunteer help: NWABR
- Had coffee with another job hunter to think about strategies for the job hunt
If I were new to this, I might feel really pleased that I had some many different things going on. But I’ve been at this a while- none of these seem like things are going to transition to employment next week, so it’s hard to get real excited about any of it. However, it does give me some ideas about new things I can try next week.