Here is a quick list of the job sites that I have used or have profiles on. I want to put this up early in the game because one thing I really wish I had done a long time ago, maybe even before I went to graduate school, was to look at jobs I might want to get some day. If I'd had a job in mind I wanted to do, it might have helped me to focus of developing the skills that would make me a better candidate to do the jobs I am interested in. For example, being a Health Scientist with the CDC sounds really exciting, and as a molecular virologist, I am confidant I could do that job. But I would make the CDC much more confident if I had some experience working with human specimens or doing clinical research.
Check out some of these places. I promise to explain later the government bent, but for now, just peruse a few of these places. And if there are other sites or job boards you've found helpful, please add them in the comments! (Caveat: I can't confirm that all of these are high brow business entities, please use your own judgement).
- My USAjobs (all federal jobs are listed here, some you have to apply through these other sites)
- Avue central (select federal jobs)
- Application manager (FDA)
- WorkplaceAk (state of Alaska Job site)
- Washington Biotech & Biomed Association (Washington statewide biojobs board)
- Allen Institute for Brain Science (not for profit lab)
- Thomson Reuters