Monday, April 16, 2012

My article is on Page 8

Following the pretty obvious advice to network around when I moved to Seattle, I joined and was quickly added to the board of the Seattle Chapter of the Association of Women in Science.  I'm on the newsletter committee, and I was pretty stoked when we decided that this quarter's newsletter was about bioethics.  I designed a course in bioethics for undergrads as a graduate student, and it was a lot of fun to put together and teach- so in addition to bugging people (who mostly ignored my requests) for newsletter articles, I wrote one too.  You can read it here.

It was challenging to write the article, because I wanted to balance it between "Things AWIS Members might actually want to read," and "Things I wish my future employer knew about me."  Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment