Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Targetting Employers

At networking events, people always ask "what companies are your targeting."  I've been lazy on this front, in part because I am flexible about what role I'd be willing to take, but mostly because I am afraid of limiting myself.  But, I had a fairly frustrating, but insightful, phone interview yesterday (more on that later) that made me realize I really need to do this.  The types of jobs I am looking for fit into different groups, so I've got a few lists.

Biotech
Amgen*
Seattle Genetics*
Dendreon
Zymogenetics
CMC ICOS
Novo Nordisk
Gilead Bioscience

Medical Devices
Physiocontrol *
Philips*
Seimens

Not-for Profit 
PATH
Gates Foundation*
Institute for Systems Biology*
Infectious Disease Research Institute (IDRI) *
Seattle Biomed

Major Employers who might hire Smart People
Amazon
Boeing
Google*
Microsoft*

* are places I have a contact.
Yeah, I left off the UW, and the Hutch.  I don't want to be a researcher forever and I don't want to get boxed into that in the long run.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment