Saturday, June 2, 2012

Doing what I like so I can do it more

My dear friend the Blobologist recently wrote about a meeting she had with a science writer- they were talking about navigating your way to a successful career.  She was sharing her worry about how to break in, and where to break in, and this guy told her that
When you change careers, everything is going to be very difficult at first. Why bother going through all that hassle for an area you’re not interested in? Why not start with what you like?
 If it's going to be a long haul to get the right experience, meet the right people, do the right things and just BE the right candidate, we may as well find something enjoyable about the struggle.

On that note, I am headed to the Seattle Science Festival EXPO today. I'm going to be enjoying myself to bits for the morning, and then volunteering at the NWABR "Thank a Researcher Booth," which sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment