Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Heading to UTEX Workshop

I have two major worries about not working for a long time, getting bored out of my mind, and letting my CV get too stale to be hired ever.  Fortunately, there are plenty of single cures for both problems.  The approach I am taking this week is to attend an Algae workshop put together by the University of Texas, Austin.  I'll learn about handling algae, their strain collection etc, and get some legit experience to back up my otherwise vague interest in the concept of algae for biofuels.  I am hoping I'll also meet some other interesting folks at the workshop, and I am VERY excited for the chance to hang out with one of my classmates for a couple days while I am at it.  I'm not sure if a two-day workshop can really fully alter my job hunting prospects, but it should improve my attitude about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment